‘21-’22 school year highlights
LaSalle Language Academy team won a 1st place award in their first team tournament.
Partnered with CPS chess and sponsored students to attend a National High Championship in Tennesee.
Partnered with Chicago Chess Foundation to create a Training program for graduating H.S. seniors to become the next generation of chess teachers.
We offer weekly in-school and out-of-school chess program. If you or your school is interested in starting a team at your school please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Playing chess provides several benefits:
- SOCIAL: Chess builds inter-personal skills through game playing and encouraging dynamic interaction.
- PHYSICAL: Chess involves controlling oneself physically particularly impulsiveness for extended periods of time.
- ACADEMIC: Chess involves a whole range of cognitive skills including analysis, planning, forward thinking, memory and a knowledge of history.
- CREATIVE: Chess involves imagination, thinking creatively, and the ability to find the best move under pressure.
- EMOTIONAL: The program focuses on resilience building through a mind sport